27.8.2012 | 22:43
Did you read The Broken Road? Do you want to know what happens to Megan and Shane? Well, I can’t tell you too much. It’s a secret.
BUT!!! I will give you a few hints. Want to hear about my latest WIP (Work in Progress)? I’ve been tagged by the most fabulous, snarky #badredhead herself, Ms. Rachel in the OC, author of the Mancode: Exposed and A Walk In The Snark, to bring you peeps the latest and greatest on my WIP. Plus I’ve tagged a couple new and wonderfully talented authors to share their WIP too!
Here are the rules:
***Answer the ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) ***
Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them, and link back to my page (http://www.marksouza.com/2012/08/the-next-big-thing-zombiesaurus-rex/).
1. What is the working title of your book? So far, the working title is The Road Home to You. I have a couple of titles in my head that I’m toying around with. Unfortunately, the titles I love, a million other authors are using. So I’m trying to figure out which best fits the journey of Megan and Shane.
2. Where did the idea come from for the book? It’s the continuation of The Broken Road and picks up exactly where The Broken Road ends. I couldn’t leave The Broken Road with a happy ending, because it didn’t feel right. There is more to their story.
3. What genre does your book fall under? Romance, Suspense, Literary Fiction.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Oh this is funny because me and my friends chat about this all the time. I have SO many ideas. Simply because when I write, I must have someone in mind. Check out my pinterest page for The Broken Road. It gives some ideas.
Megan is hard because there is so much of me in her. Megan’s quirky and a little awkward, especially around men. I love the look of Anna Kendrick; she’s pretty darn cute plus she’s got spunk and Jennifer Love Hewitt has the curves and is beautiful.
As for Shane – I’ve always pictured Charlie Hunnam as Shane. He plays Jax on Sons of Anarchy and he just oozes sexy bad boy.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? It’s a journey of 2 people, trying to re-gain their trust and love, but deceit and deception still wage war in the shadows.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Self-published. I am happy right now with the lack of deadlines and doing my own quality control. In the future, once I get more of the series done, I’ll explore the traditional publishing route.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? The very first draft, took about two years. I work full-time outside the home and I’m a wife and mother to three kids. Finding time to write is hard, but trying to keep the motivation and momentum going is even harder.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? That’s a good question, I’m not sure. Even though books are similar in the “theme” of the story, each writer has a way of telling it differently.
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book? I’ve had this idea in my head for a while, after hearing stories from friends and former colleagues. Their stories, pieced all together, ended up creating The Broken Road. I only started to put pen to paper when I helped a friend write his fan-fiction. I got the bug and haven’t stopped writing since.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? The Road Home to You will have a lot of the twists and turns that The Broken Road did. There is a lot of sarcasm and humor as well. If you loved (or even liked) The Broken Road, I’m sure you’ll like The Road Home to You just as much.
Now, it’s your turn. Come on and play. You know you want to…lol:
Daniel Carter, author of The G6 Chronicles